CS 480 Project Final Report

Due: 1 December 2017

The final report for your project will have two main components as described below. When handing in this final report, please hand in a folder that has all the previous paperwork related to your project with my comments on it (your project proposal and both of your progress reports).

Your final project will be due in class on Friday, December 1. During class on one of December 1, December 4, December 6, and December 8th, each team will present their project to the class.

1. Write up a description of what your project is about, what problem it is solving and how it solves it. Describe what contributions each project team member has made. This writeup will probably be in the 3-5 page range, but it can be longer if you need more space.
  2. Hand in a readable printout of the source code for your project. You do not need to print code that you started from but didn't write yourselves. Also hand in punchcards (or whatever other format you like) that have all the code that is required for me to run your system. Give this to me in a form that I can keep forever. The code should be well documented. Wherever you used previously existing code you should be clear about what functionality you used. It should be really obvious which code you wrote and which code you got from somewhere else. It should also be really obvious how I can execute your code.

During class on Dec. 1 - Dec. 8, each group will do a presentation in class. I will randomly and arbitrarily assign a presentation time to each group on one of those four days. You will know far in advance when your presentation will be. The presentation should be about 15 minutes long. We will be doing three presentations in 50 minutes most days, so it is important that your setup be quick and that your presentation not go long. The presentation should describe the important technical issues that are addressed by the project and it should include a live demonstration of the system if possible. All team members should be involved in the presentation. About 15% of your overall project grade will come from the presentation.